Sunday 22 February 2009

Clay Statues: My Bush In The Life Of Ghosts

The machine rolls on.

We're picking up the pieces of Clay (Statues), and getting our hides in gear to record.

Songs are written, i've been looking at cover art, i even have a title...

DUN-DUN-DUN!!!

'Eastern Bloc Winter'

It's not a jokey title, we went through loads of silly titles for it but this was a lyric from a song that may or may not go on the EP. I liked it, it gave me a sense of something, to me it was 'one of those' titles. I am in love with it.

We've also got a new song ready, the first 'properly written' new song since The Colossus. It's called 'Home' and it's angry as fuck. I find the only time i get properly angry in song-form is when i'm singing about Aberdare. It's a love/hate relationship it seems.

We're gonna get that into the set for out run of gigs in March/April, I can't wait to get out and gig again. It's been a month now, and somtimes I feel like i'm going to go out of my head with the type of anger that can only be banished by standing on a stage and shouting at strangers.

We've also got a party on the go for Mavis' birthday, we've roped in our favourite bands: Henry's Funeral Shoe, The Nukes and Sicknote. These are the bands I couldn't live without, they're mates as well as peers. It's gonna be amazing stepping up to that challenge.

All Hail Rock And Roll!!

1 comment:

  1. the tribe grows and gathers momentum every day.
    Clay Statues are up there with the best of Welsh and British talent.

    x

    ReplyDelete